Taco Bell is reinviting the drive-thru starting the first quarter of 2021.
The brand’s Go Mobile restaurant, the first of which will open in Q1 of 2021, features five main updates targeted for digital adoption to improve the customer experience:
- Minimization: Taco Bell Go Mobile locations house several new digital advancements, all within 1,325 square feet — a much smaller footprint compared to the average 2,500 square foot Taco Bell restaurant.
- Dual Drive-Thru: The new concepts will have two drive-thru lanes including a new priority pick-up lane with rapid service for customers who order via the Taco Bell app. This new lane will supplement the existing, traditional lane.
- Synchronized Digital Experience: Powered by smart kitchen technology that’s integrated with the Taco Bell app.
- Curbside Pick-Up: Taco Bell Go Mobile customers also have the option to receive their order via contactless curbside pick-up, another convenient alternative that modern consumers are looking for.
- Bellhops: To streamline guests’ experiences even further, Taco Bell Go Mobile will also include tablet ordering in drive-thrus and curbside pickup, both of which will be operated by a concierge service of team members, known as “bellhops.”